Toy organization…One of my most requested organization posts and I can totally understand why! I wanted to share some of my most useful tips for storing toys, keeping your spaces simple, tidy & kiddos happy!
- Create registries for your kid’s birthdays & holidays to share with friends & friends. (because no mama wants 3 electric cars, 5 chalkboards & 7 bikes for Christmas! haha) I use www.myregistry.com & this avoids getting multiples or toys that aren’t age appropriate.
- Sort your toys by categories. I sorted mine into the following categories: dolls, learning activites, puzzles, toy cars, play food, Lego’s, etc.
- Count how may categories you have in order to appropriately know how many storage cubes you will need. I linked the storage system we purchased & it comes in about 3 colors & 5 sizes.
- Keep the bigger toys on one side of the room to create a more “organized” space. You can also hide them in a large chest. I also added one to my LTKit.
- If you like the farmhouse look that I created, stick to grays, whites, woods & black decor pieces & storage bins.
- Purge toys before birthdays & holidays so that you don’t keep piling up toys that your kids have outgrown or don’t need. Have your kids participate in donating to the less fortunate children.
- Teach your children age appropriate clean-up skills so that they can help you tidy up the space at the end of the day. My kids love when I sing “clean up” & it motivates them to help me pick up & they feel so proud that they are doing a chore!
I hope this post helps you tackle that playroom or room of toys you didn’t know where to start with. Remember, they are only this little for a short while & embrace the colorful toys & eye sore baby equipment. This is just a simple way of making your home your gathering nest. Until next time friends!
Shop my Playroom: